Monday, September 19, 2011

Some Hand-Quilting.

Well, to be precise, these are machine pieced, but all hand-quilted. My plan is to have one of these going at all times when I just want to relax with needle and thread in my hands and my feet up on a cushion. These blocks are about 12" by 12", so the piecing is smaller than I'm used to.



What I'm loving is the fabric that I'm currently enamoured over. Most of these prints came from a collection of reproduction "Civil War" prints. These collections have a huge following, I know, and I don't understand why I've never been all that interested in them before.


The colors are definitely darker and more muted, I guess that's why. As somebody who started sewing in earnest in the 70's, I've resisted like mad buying anything that smacked of dusty rose and blue or sage green.


But I'm so loving these tiny prints all of a sudden, especially the grays, golds and blacks.



Anyway, more fun stuff. --cds

No comments:

Blog Archive