Thursday, September 15, 2011

Autumn Yet?

I've been absent because I'm cleaning. I'm officially declaring that it's time to do Fall cleaning because my Vermont roots are telling me that mid-September means 50-degree nights and cool, sunny days. 'Course my Florida reality is 70-degree nights and 90-degree days still, but in fact, the summer steaminess has disappeared for the most part.

Anyway, we bought a new sofa and you know what that means. Yes, one must hand-wash and dry all the glassware in the china cabinet. I actually rearranged the living room so I had to empty the cabinet. I love to wash and dry the glassware. So shiney and sparklely.





I lead a very exciting life down here, don't I. Suits me, tho. I'm also knitting Ruthie some winter socks for her new snow boots (pictures soon) and Bella Skypes me every afternoon when she gets home from school and we do her homework together. Evie wanted to Skype yesterday before she went to pre-school, so I sat reading to her while she was coloring. Suddenly she just packed up her crayon bin and books and left me announcing she wanted to go watch Alice in Wonderland. A grandma must be prepared, I guess, to be abandoned and left talking into an empty computer screen. It's a new world. --cds



No comments:

Blog Archive