Saturday, September 3, 2011

Birthday Guilt

I went back to the 1950's photo archives to dig out some of my old birthday party pictures.


My Mom used to throw some pretty cool birthday parties for me, didn't she?

Usually held at our little family picnic spot, "the fireplace."

What a good mother - I really don't deserve her.

Because on HER birthday this past July, I sat talking with her for a couple of hours before even remembering to wish her a happy birthday. And that was only because she went into the house for another cup of coffee and came out carrying a teeny whoopie pie with a candle in it singing happy birthday to herself. How bad of a daughter could I be???


Damn good thing mothers do not hold grudges. I think she's baking me a chocolate cake today. Thank you, Mother, for suffering through a hot summer pregnancy 59 years ago in order to pop me out today! --cds


No comments:

Blog Archive