Saturday, June 18, 2011

Not One But Two

Thunderstorms, that is. A loud sparklely one centered over Lakeland late Thursday afternoon and it rolled around again about midnight.
Same story last evening, along with a nice steady rain. Finally! Hopefully this is the start of our daily rainstorms.
We have piney woods very near us and all that dry brush plus no rain frightens me. Though ice storms top my list of scarey Mother Nature events, wildfires rank a close second.
And so we have cloud pictures.
Also, it is Farmer's Market Day and I feel a cooking urge coming on. I'm thinking foccacia topped with roasted peppers. And I need pie. Maybe peach pie - I noticed that Georgia peaches were on the stands last week. Oh geez. And that means vanilla ice cream. I'm doomed. --cds









No comments:

Blog Archive