Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mystery Bird and Pie

As soon as I find my good bird book I'll look this up, but this is a new bird in the neighborhood. Looks rather nautical, I think. It soars and dips over the cow field - very pretty to watch.
And, I made pie on Sunday. Blueberry, not peach. This is the pre-bake photo because I thought it looked so pretty. I am not and have never been a good pie-baker. I have studied with the Master (Lois Louise), watched her crust making technique all my life, but have never been able to produce a decent, flakey, tender piecrust. In fact, cuss words and crust throwing usually accompany my feeble attempts. But this one turned out all right. Only all right. Not fabulous, but ok. Anyway, there is not a post-bake photo because we soon ate up the pie - just like the Three Little Kittens - only there are only two of us. Now we shall have no pie. --cds

No comments:

Blog Archive