Wednesday, June 15, 2011

1000% Humidity

That's what it seems like out there this morning. I felt like I was walking through a miasma of moisture. It's certainly nice to be finished exercising by 6:30 a.m. because now the sun is coming up and there are - again - no clouds in the sky. Rain needed here. And why can't I remember to bring my camera along on my walks. This morning I walked by a bone-dry drainage canal and clumping slowly down the middle was a fat, black 6-foot long alligator. He either saw or heard me and he flopped down on his belly to rest. He was headed for the swampy woods, looking for water I imagine.

So I've been indoors a lot and stitching things.
This little 5x7" thingie is going to my friend with the cute bathroom who likes mermaids. I've been reading a lot about crazy quilting lately so I guess that's where this current urge to hand-stitch comes from. I'm experimenting with photo-printing onto fabric also - this mermaid was scanned from an old postcard I had.


These seashells I glued on are teeny-tiny - collected at the beach when the girls were last here. --cds


No comments:

Blog Archive