Wednesday, June 29, 2011

New Art And No Camera


My camera battery died just as I took this picture and my charger is in Maryland, where we are headed in a week or so to pick up my gadabout mother, so that's why I wasn't able to get a better shot of my new fabric piece. Anyway, making this reminded me of when I was really little and playing with crayons in the "64" box of Crayolas. I'd scribble patches of different colors next to each other to decide which looked best together (I also remember pretending my crayons were little people and they'd play together and have adventures and stuff - yes, I did have dolls, but crayons had ready-made names like Cornflower and Magenta and Lavender).

The artwork to the left is a pastel landscape by Vermont artist Bonnie Acker. I told her those colors made me happy - I love walking into this room and looking at my wall (especially the photos of the munchkins in the middle). --cds

No comments:

Blog Archive