Friday, December 16, 2011

Well, This Is New

 I know I have made this bread recipe before, but this is the first time such a thing as this has occurred. 
The dough started to ribbon out of the top of the covered pan like lava, but stopped when it reached the racks and baked itself.

The pan is a 9-inch pain de mie pan from King Arthur - makes a nice square loaf for easy slicing and a not-too-thick crust.  I thought that the dough was stickier than usual, but it rose well so I figured it would be fine.  Aside from the lava flow, the loaf baked just fine and tasted delicious - the recipe is a little more buttery and sweet than most bread recipes.

I can't say enough good things about King Arthur bread pans.  These are heavy, ridged and the bread just falls out of the pan.  Why I don't bake every day or so is a mystery.  Well, I suppose because I would start to look like the Doughgirl, so perhaps that's not the best idea.  --cds

No comments:

Blog Archive