Monday, November 15, 2010

One Banner Done



One banner done, nine more to go. These are turning out to be huge. My lovely assistant is holding this one up above his six foot frame. I'm thinking I'd better call Ms. Bonnie and give her a heads up. I sure hope the Foodshelf has wall space for all ten of these because each one is amazing, I think. Bonnie color-coordinated the veggies, so one banner is orange, one red, one purple, etc. Again, I've just stitched the applique, borders, quilting and finishing details - these designs are the artist's, but she is inspiring me to get busy on my own stuff. I've got a self-imposed Thanksgiving deadline on these - I might make it, but the weather has been so gorgeous, I've had to stitch out on the porch, audiobook in my ear (currently Bill Bryson's At Home-A Short History of Private Life), cup of tea by my side. Pure pleasure. --cds

No comments:

Blog Archive