Monday, May 19, 2014

We're Here For You, Kids.

We spent four hours at the Magic Kingdom Sunday afternoon and really managed to squeeze in quite a lot.  We had heard that the afternoon parade was all new, so we snagged a couple of rocking chairs in the shade outside of the Hall of Presidents and just waited for it to parade on by.  We weren't all that close, but I took lots of pictures so that our grandkiddies could have a little preview for the next time they roll into town.
 

The princesses all have newly designed floats.


The money shot:


And if you don't know all about Anna and Elsa by now, then I just don't know what to say. 



All the floats have lots of moving parts.



Rapunzel's dudes were swinging back and forth on these things.








The tick-tock-croc -- one of Marcus and Ruthie's favorites.




Merida rates her own float these days.


These bird things and the stilt guys were the guards for a very cool, steampunk-style Maleficent that is supposed to breathe fire, I heard, but we didn't see it do that.








Maleficent!






Dumbo, my favorite.
 







I know there are much better photos and videos on YouTube, but I thought I'd post all these here for the girlies to see.  --cds

No comments:

Blog Archive