Saturday, May 24, 2014

Fabric Coloring Day

I've decided to call this fabric coloring day because it's kind of creepy when your husband says, "So, are you dyeing today?"  Not if I can help it, baby!  Coloring Day it is.


I've been prepping a mix of fabric types for a few days, half yards of prepared-for-dyeing cotton, some muslin scraps, some narrow silk ribbon, and some one-eighth yard pieces of velvet which I am very excited to get into the dyepot.


It took me most of yesterday to prepare these bottles of dye in various strengths and amounts.



I recently purchased a few more specific colors to try because after my first attempts at dyeing, I realized I wasn't very good at mixing colors, often ending up with a muddy mess.  We'll see how this works.  Ummmm, Avocado......



 
My safety equipment.  The dye powder containers carry some pretty dire warnings, but I'm only doing small amounts and I'm careful.


But first, now that I've got avocado on the brain, I may need to make some Chicken Avocado Salad for lunch.  Who can create on an empty stomach??  Not me.  --cds

No comments:

Blog Archive