Monday, October 3, 2011

Sofa Quilts

Since even the weather in Florida has made a slight switch to the cooler side, I am reminded of the importance of sofa quilts. Truth to tell, even an overhead fan on a hot day forces me to cover my tootsies or shoulders if I'm just sofa-sitting for some reason (I'm such a grandma).

So the sofa quilts I make are about twin size, maybe a little larger, just big enough for a cuddle up on the couch when one is feeling nappish. The picture below is one of my favorites because I just loved the Michael Miller Hawaiian dancing girls print - so cute and colorful.
I had this Amish-style one hanging on my wall for a while, too, but it also makes a dramatic color splotch (decorator term) draped over the back of the sofa as well.
The cooler mornings mean I have a chilly ride to the pool, though. I've been swimming every single morning (minus two days for travel reasons) for four weeks now. I'm much less creaky when I roll out of bed and I'm getting some Popeye muscles in my arms. Think I'll have a spinach salad for lunch. --cds


No comments:

Blog Archive