Friday, July 15, 2011

Our Girls

I was thinking I'd like to update the blog with more current pictures of the grandgirls, but in reviewing my picture stash I see that the most recent shots I have for the Utah girls are from last summer and fall. This one is from a Princess Festival that was held in Salt Lake City last June. The girls got all dressed up and met with various princesses (we privately believe that Cinderella's decolletage is a bit much here, however).
Both girls tell me now, though, that they are not so much interested in princesses (but really, do we ever actually lose interest in princesses and princess dresses???). They are currently fascinated with animals, having recently visited the zoo, and have commissioned me to make them quilts with jungle cats (Bella) and giraffes (Evie). Surprisingly, it was not difficult at all to find suitable fabric. I'll post some photos of the finished products soon-ish.

Vermont's Little Miss Ruthanne's photos are a bit more current. She apparently likes to read the sale papers first thing in the morning, play in her swingset tower, and hang upside down when Daddy gets home from work. --cds

No comments:

Blog Archive