Thursday, July 21, 2011

Boom Boom

I guess we just heard the last of those twin sonic booms from the space shuttle landing this morning. Sounds quite loud, really, here in Central Florida. I admit I don't know much at all about NASA-doings and goings-on, but aren't there still people living on the space station?? I'll just assume someone remembers that and will book them a flight home when it's time.

In other news, I have killed yet another iron. Rest in Peace, dear Shark G468. For the record, I think this is my third iron in 2 1/2 years. Now understand, I iron A LOT - most of the use is due to quilting and other sewing, but I admit to ironing most of our clothing (and sheets and dishtowels) as well. I'll bet in my entire adult life I've owned about 12-15 irons. I've tried the least and most expensive (Black & Decker's are too lightweight - Rowentas leak). In my experience, the Shark brand has worked best for me, and this particular model is only $30 so if it only lasts a year under tough Claudia conditions, I guess that's acceptable. --cds

No comments:

Blog Archive