Saturday, January 8, 2011

Saturday Visit To Orlando

I don't often go to the movies because I am a baby about real-life, modern dramas -- I hate to view anything too disturbing or when children are hurt. I don't care for modern romantic comedies either - Jennifer Aniston should just go away and though I really want to like Ben Stiller, I'm sorry, I just can't. I usually force my son, Jamie, a moviegoer, to tell me every detail about a movie including the outcome, and then I decide whether or not I want to see it. I'm usually only interested in clever dialogue anyway or killer set design.

But I decided all on my own that I wanted to see The King's Speech, so I coaxed my Mom into going with me and we had to travel all the way to the multiplex at Downtown Disney to find a matinee (oh yes, we are also cheap). I was so right - I really love a historical period piece and I thought this was well done. The R rating was a mystery and must have been based solely on a cursing rant by the King wherein the F-word was used many, many times along with other colorful swear words. No big deal, I thought. I use worse when I stub my toe on the kitchen chair. --cds

1 comment:

Alicia B. said...

I usually look up the the entire plot of movies before I see them too!

Blog Archive