Monday, August 26, 2013

Wrapping It Up

I want to put up some of the rest of our road trip photos because I need to move on to my new quilt project and also posting the results of my drift into making up my own recipes (Upside-Down Foccacia!).

So, we drove from Vermont to New Jersey so that the Utah girls could meet some of their New Jersey family.  We stayed with brother Jeff (ah, home...).




The girls got to meet lots of new cousins. 


Abigail and Emi Baker, the littles in the blue and orange swim goggles.  Water ballet??


Friends already, Evie and Abi.


Jamie and cousin Patrick Baker, and their girls.


Some of the boys, my brothers Jeff and Doug, cousin Patrick, Jamie and cousin Rob.


I added myself to the mix - why am I looking so short next to these guys???  Except for Doug, I believe I babysat (and changed diapers) for every one of these little boys.


Bella and Evie are ready to visit the horses!




First they learned all about grooming and other horse stuff from Auntie Ann (I am not so brave around animals and stood well back).





Riding!  Definitely the highlight of their week.






We went down to the river (the Delaware) and walked around the Red Bank Battlefield and I tried to jam lots of Revolutionary War history into their brains.


I like to think it worked as Evie and Bella decided to reenact the great battle.


They are great battle reenactors.  FI-RE !!!!!


Swinging on Jeff's backyard rope swing.



And ending our visit with ice cream at Dippy's, of course.



--cds

1 comment:

Alicia B. said...

We come from a VERY tall family! It's saying something if you, myself, or Nan look short!

Blog Archive