Thursday, May 16, 2013

Long Time Gone

Our mockingbirds are raising a child.  It peeps incessantly from its hidden home in the bushes alongside of our house.  I'm thinking that probably right now it's the human equivalent of a twelve-year old.  It can achieve a low sort of swoop from the bushes to the branch of our smallest palm tree, but it still peeps for its parents to bring breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Which they immediately do, because even mockingbirds are not immune to the anguished call of a hungry babe, and let's face it, all parents are suckers that way. 

So, yeah, I've returned to my poor neglected blog.  In my defense, I've been having technical difficulties uploading photos to my ancient laptop.  I now own a Samsung Tablet, so modern and speedy, but who can type on one of those things?  I'm a one-finger-texter at best.  Pardon me for being able to type 110 words a minute on a regular keyboard (thank you very much, dear typing teaching Mrs. Folsom - I always liked you even though you were a fearsome looking woman with an unfortunate underbite and the cool kids made wicked fun of you).

So now I've had to get used to using a new browser, Google Chrome, instead of Internet Explorer to post blog photos.  I don't know why - I just scrolled though a bunch of help topics until I found one that said to try Chrome and turns out that worked.  See?  Baby mockingbird on the back of the chair.


Tomorrow hopefully I will get back to the important business of posting pictures of cutie grandchildren, which is, of course, why blogs were invented.  --cds

No comments:

Blog Archive