Friday, September 7, 2012

All Done!

That's what Ruthanne says when she hops out of the tub all by herself.

 
I had this dress all finished up yesterday.  The tricky part will be to see how well it fits Miss Roo since I don't have her near-to-hand for trying on purposes.  
 
 
I made a size 3, but also had her specific measurements to work with, so it is adjusted here and there.  
 
I don't have a serger, but my machine has an easy overlock stitch and I like to make French seams (nice and neat inside and out).  
 

 
Tulle is a pain to work with, but easier, I found, when it's got a narrow ribbon band sewn on - gives it some oomph (technical sewing term).
 
 
The little Minnie Mouse applique is just a photo transfer because I couldn't find what I wanted commercially and I embroidered the "Minnie" in white floss.


Had so much fun that I'm starting Snow White this weekend. And Evie now wants a Minnie dress because she caught a glimpse of this one hanging in the background when we were skyping yesterday - either Minnie or Daisy Duck (Daisy Duck has a dress??)--cds

No comments:

Blog Archive