Sunday, July 8, 2012

Happy Special Birthday!

I know that posting this picture pretty much rules out that you will ever again bake us our favorite chocolate cookies or fix us our favorite chicken dinner, but I can't help it - this is one of my favorite pictures of you.  To me, it embodies all those characteristics you Alcott women are famous for - determination, grit, humor, inner strength - it's all there and there's no use claiming otherwise (not to mention, of course the knobby knees, Grandma Carroll hair and a flair for fashion -- hee-hee!).  'Course I wouldn't dream of posting your age today, Mums, except to remind you that you were only 20 when you had me and don't you feel awfully young to have a daughter who turns 60 this year??  Ha-ha.  Love you, Lois Louise!  And happy birthday.  I'll be over with the doughnuts in a few minutes.  xoxo-cds

No comments:

Blog Archive