Thursday, July 5, 2012

Burger Rolls = Blah.

So, the burger yeast roll recipe did not turn out as I had hoped.  The sponge was not as smooth as I thought it should be.  I photographed it, however, because...  does that look like the Virgin Mary's profile to you??  Ha ha, just kidding.  I think it's Snuffleupagus.


Here are the rolls pre-puffy.


And post-puffy.


And after the bake-off.   


Oh well, they tasted just fine, but shape and texture were all off. The King Arthur factory in Norwich, Vermont, has recently completed a revamp, I understand, and is offering bread-baking classes that I may need to take advantage of next time we're in the home state.

On the other hand, I have flat-bread grilled pizza making down to a science. Here are the girls making their own pizzas:




 
(Evie all pooped out from swimming and pizza-making.)  --cds

No comments:

Blog Archive