Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Finished Wedding Quilt


I've been making quilts without traditional borders lately, which I sort of like.  This one came together quite nicely, technically speaking.  I was able to ditch-quilt it and it was all pretty square.

And here is the lovely bride herself!  What I find amazing is that I chose these fabrics having no real idea of Sarah's taste these days.  I took a cue from her wedding invitation that had some some straight line, black and white graphics with a chartreuse block of color.  I worried about adding the orange, because people either love or hate orange, it seems.


Shouldn't have worried.  Orange tulips and green accents were at every table.  Now I think I have color ESP.  This photo shows Sarah's side of the wedding party - my second favorite Vermont family....
.

...behind these guys:




Darned pacifier.  --cds


No comments:

Blog Archive