Thursday, March 1, 2012

Experimenting

So here's what I've been messing about with lately because I can't seem to focus on just one single project.  I have lots of favorite fabrics that I like to pull together in a crazy-quilt sort of way.  This is emerging out of my obsession over the movie Midnight in Paris


Also playing around with printing photos onto fabric.  This snowy shot is one of my Dad's from the 1950's, taken from our old house at the causeway across the ponds (lots of snow for Jersey, huh?).



I surrounded the transferred photo print with some of my hand-dyed that looked all icy and sunrisey.



And then had huge fun pulling out matching threads and ribbon and beads. 




I also fabric-printed one of those iconic Moose River upstream shots during a no-bridge era.  I liked the colors in this one - lots of silver/gray/green in the clouds, trees and river.


And then for something completely different, the colors of the Gulf off of Anna Maria Island.



And little Evie floating in the turquoise sea with her Daddy.


 
These are just a few of the things that keep me from doing what I ought to be doing, like taxes and cleaning windows.  --cds

No comments:

Blog Archive