Sunday, January 15, 2012

C'est Magnifique


I've been immersed in this bio of Gerald and Sara Murphy - "Everybody Was So Young-A Lost Generation Love Story" by Amanda Vaill.  I really, really like it tho I'm only half-way through.  They've just moved to Paris, so in my head I'm doing a lot of speaking my Pepe Le Pew version of French words.  This between-the-wars time period (1920's-30's) always fascinates me for some reason - so much was going on in art and music and writing, not to mention state-side finances and Prohibition, all that stuff.  I need to live in a library.

I could write lots, but haven't the time right now, on hundreds of related subjects - why I love Hemingway but can't read his novels, how funny was Woody Allen's "Midnight in Paris," am I too old to become an art historian.  Right now I need to finish the laundry and clean up the sewing studio.  Ho-hum.  --cds

No comments:

Blog Archive