Friday, August 19, 2011

Fear Not The King

Sounds like the title of some sort of trashy historical romance novel, doesn't it (I could SO write one of those). But, no, I am here to report that I have overcome my fear of quilting a king-sized bed cover. This is actually the second quilt I've made for our king bed - the first I made about 8 years ago and hand-quilted the whole thing. Tedious, but good practice. I wanted to test whether or not I could machine quilt such a monstrosity on my trusty Bernina and am happy to report success.

It's just a simple grid pattern, but by using the walking-foot and starting in the middle I had no problems at all.



This was good to know because James wants me to start on his T-shirt quilt consisting of his collection of ratty, I mean, old Earnhardt T-shirts that I was not permitted to throw away. And there are a lot of them. Ugh. Help me. --cds





No comments:

Blog Archive