Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My New Job

It appears I am destined to be the official reptile wrangler around here. Though this little guy is not the same one that decided to sun himself on my Mom's lanai yesterday, I wasn't able to get a photo of her visitor. I was too busy raking him off the steps and back into the bushes.

He was a feisty little thing, I must admit. Despite having a head not much bigger than my thumb, he kept rearing his head and hissing at me. In my stern voice, I told him to stick that tongue back in his mouth and get back to his job of keeping us safe from lizards and crickets. He didn't seem to realize that I was rescuing him from being doused with ammonia, which was my Mom's inclination.


Of course, you realize that any reptile larger and creepier than this will find me running down the street screaming like a little girl. I can only fake bravery just so much, you know. --cds

No comments:

Blog Archive