Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Update

I get mad at myself when I let so much time pass without posting something.  If nothing else, this little blog helps me keep my life in order allowing me to look back and check when we did what since 2009 (coming up on five years in Florida already!).

June-July of this year have been particularly memorable because once again we were able to gather (almost) all of our kids together in one place - unfortunately Randi had to return to Utah for work and couldn't make the trek to Vermont with us.  Next time we may do another of those meet-up-in-Florida-overlapping-vacation get-togethers because nothing is better than watching all your grandchildren playing together.

My photography skills continue to suck, so the one photo I was determined to get right failed miserably.  All I wanted was a picture of the four grandkids all together, a photo I could enlarge and frame up and hang on my wall and look at every day.  Well, due to circumstances entirely my own fault, this is what happened:












First off, it was our last evening together; it was nearly bedtime for the little ones; it was hot and humid (Marcus sleeps in the A/C which is why he's in a knit sleeper); Ruthanne dislikes her picture taken in the best of times; Evie was just plain mad at us all and refused to remove the black sock (?) or put her knee down; Bella did her very best to set a good example, but kept forgetting to hold Marcus up a little straighter.


So, these are my grandchildren.  They are adorable, sweet, cranky, lovable, hilarious, ornery, beautiful, playful, pesky, talented, smart, and crazy fun to be with.  And next time, I'll spring for a studio portrait sitting.  --cds

No comments:

Blog Archive