Thursday, September 23, 2010

A New Obsession

Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, DC, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Vermont, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming, Utah, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee. Those are the states we have driven through in the past four weeks. I think I'm going to try to drive through all 50 (well, maybe not Hawaii) states before I expire. We have always liked road trips, but, oh my, that's a lot of public restrooms. Here's a tip for I-95 and I-80 travelers - stick to the interstate rest areas for your "rest stops." There's been a lot of reconstruction and upgrades lately. These wind farms are another new change on the midwest landscape.
There is a farm in Iowa that must have a hundred turbines scattered in fields along I-80. Close up, those things are gigantic - but somehow they do not seem out of place.

So now we are home and missing the grand-girls so much already. This Little Miss is such a happy baby - smiling and cooing all the time.




We had great visits, but now I'm ready to spruce up the house and yard, cook up some good food and sew like a mad woman. We'll be ready for winter guests in no time! --cds

No comments:

Blog Archive