Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July

We drove up to Mt. Dora yesterday, northwest of Orlando, because I had heard there were some cute shops (not really) and antique malls (one, medium-sized) - I picked up two cheap Nancy Drews and a couple Wodehouse in paperback, 2 for $1. No quilt shops, no bookshops, no donut stores - I was underwhelmed with Mt. Dora. However, we did arrive in time for the parade. Lots of vintage vehicles, politicians, and fire trucks, but NO bands and NO majorettes! People just don't know how to put on a decent parade anymore. It's all about the candy throwing and political handouts.
Nice cars, though, huh?

Now, you know how I hate to judge other people (let me pause and wait for the lightening strike...), but oh my, there happened to be many motorcycle club couples in attendance. Here is a cute couple:
Now for the back view. This is not a tatt, thank goodness, but a shirt with a sheer mesh back with the design painted on. Oh, there were spikey-toed and -heeled boots over the stretch slacks also, but I couldn't capture that in the photo. And then there was this gentleman.
Now, don't you think when your husband says "Honey, I think I'll wear that little white hat to go with my white fringed sleeveless club shirt," you might just want to give the guy's outfit the once-over. Oh, my goodness. --cds

No comments:

Blog Archive