Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Looking Forward To Backyard Birdwatching, But This Is Ridiculous.



These guys showed up at our feeder Thanksgiving morning, and I didn't have the heart to shoo them away (and now they've nearly cleaned out the feeder). Besides, they are not the sort of birds that shoo easily anyway. I encountered this same family on my walk the other morning, Father Bird strutting down the very center of the road and I had to veer off into the grass. He wasn't about to move and I wasn't about to disturb His Imperial Highness (note very pointy beak and sharp rip-your-heart-out claw-feet). I've been nervous enough about the wild pigs rumored to be in the area. WILD PIGS! And I thought all I'd have to worry about here in Florida were the 102-year old seniors driving Buicks. --cds

No comments:

Blog Archive