Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bit By Bit...


I am slowly unpacking and organizing my stuff. Here is a neat and tidy corner of my bedroom - the rest of my rooms are still in a state of confusion. I'm reading Beryl Markham's memoir, "West With The Night." She was a pilot in the '30s and flew around Africa, friendly with Hemingway and Baron von Blixen. It's one of my favorite eras and locations to read about and I like her voice - tough and kinda sassy. No quilting pix for a while since my studio/sewing room is filled with boxes and we're leaving for NJ tomorrow to pick up my Mom's furniture. She's having a bit of a tough time adjusting to being so far from her home place, but she wants to give this move a good try. I wonder why that doesn't bother me as well - I'm just as much a homebody. I guess because to me home is where your stuff is. --cds

No comments:

Blog Archive