Monday, August 10, 2009

Ha. I Have A Theme Going.

So far I have three little pieces with a big fat full moon plastered up in the sky section. I'm doing some embroidering on one, so that's not ready yet. The other day I started this one:


I was thinking full moon behind the Green Mountains - there have been some months here in Vermont, late September/early October I think, when the full moon rises over Mount Mansfield looking seriously otherworldly. As in freakin' huge and smokey orange in color. Anyway, I started cutting and fusing trees and leaves from my hand-dyed stash when Melody Johnson's Under The Silken Moon popped into my head, and that was that. Out of all of her work that I've seen, it's my absolute favorite. I have it bookmarked, in fact, and feel the need to view it almost daily. So so beautiful, yes? I moved on to something else. --cds

No comments:

Blog Archive